Are you one of those guys who feel clueless as to what to do for your significant other for Valentine’s Day? Or maybe you haven’t been dating very long or have a non-traditional relationship, and you’re unsure what you should do. If so, don’t feel alone. The majority of men are only going to get it right 50% of the time at best. That’s why we’re here to help you figure out what your significant other really wants for your special day of love.
Whether you have been together for only a few months or several years, any gift you select for your sweetheart should be from the heart. It should represent how you feel about them and show them that you know them on a deeper level than most others in their circle. If you use this as the basis for your thinking when considering your Valentine’s Gift you can’t go wrong. With that said, here are a few ideas to get you started.
If you’re in that newly dating what can I do to show I care without being too over the top and scaring your newfound romantic interest off quandary, think romance.
- The Professional – A couples massage is a great way to spend some romantic time together while unwinding. Let your special someone know you appreciate how hard they work with this special surprise.
- The Girl Next Door – A bouquet of her favorite flowers or a picnic in the park on her lunch hour. This romantic gesture shows her you know what she likes while infusing your budding relationship with romance that every girl secretly wants.
- The Sporty Type – Although athletic types might still enjoy the romance of flowers and candles, you may get more bang for your buck by taking your Sweetie to their favorite sporting event, or by getting them something from their athletic equipment or apparel wishlist; such as the Yoga Zeal Banana Leaf Mat. They will think of you everytime they use it or wear it.
If you have been together for a long time and have managed to maintain the romance in your relationship that Valentine’s Day stirs a panic for, in many other couples, your issue may not be finding something romantic to do or a romantic gift may seem anticlimactic. For you guys, we have a few more mainstream gift ideas.
- For the Techy – Technology isn’t just for men. Women love it too. Consider an Amazon Echo Dot or a Google Mini for that special someone. Both are sleek, affordable and a quick and easy way to transform their space into a smart space.
- The Pet Lover – Tending to a pet is hard work, so treat your love interest with something that makes these chores easier; such as the Petsafe ScoopFree Ultra Self Cleaning Litter Box. For more great pet lover gift ideas check out, Time Magazine’s online article, “ 7 Products that Solve Pet Owners’ Biggest Headaches.”
- The Music Lover – Is your significant other a lover of all things music. If so then they probably have a stack of record albums hidden somewhere. Get them a record player like the Crossly Cruiser Briefcase Portable Vinyl Record Player so they can relive those days of dancing the night away from anywhere.
- The Wine Lover – Decanting wine allows it to aerate providing wine with a finished and much more palatable Get your little wine lover a wine decanter like the Le Chateau Wine Decanter and they will love you everytime they take a sip.
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be stressful or expensive. If you take some time and think about the person you are gifting to, you will find that just right gift without breaking the bank.
Now that you have figured out your Valentine’s gift or plans, why not make sure you look your best on for the special occasion? 18/8 Fine Men’s Salon is here to make sure you look and feel your best for your romantic day. Check out our Valentine’s Day specials and treat yourself as well.