From Fun Things to do in Morristown
to Winter Haircare Tips
Wintertime can be particularly damaging to hair and skin. But it doesn’t have to be. Morristown is full of fun entertainment, and indoor activities to keep those curls kempt. And, if you prefer the outdoors even in the frigid winter air, 18|8 Fine Men’s Salon has some simple tips to keep your hair looking maintained.
Indoor Activities for those Winter Months
- Morris Museum – If you have children, this little local museum is a great way to spend an afternoon exploring and bonding.
- Ford Mansion and Museum – This historical site includes the humble mansion that housed Washington’s military headquarters during the winter of 1779-80 as well as an informative museum.
- Macculloch Hall Historic Museum & Gardens – Originally the home of George and Louisa Macculloch, community-minded residents of Morristown, this lovely not-for-profit museum has been a part of the community for more than 200 years.
- Acorn Hall – Built-in 1853 this quaint mid-Victorian era mansion museum will transport you to a time long past.
Outdoor Fun for the Adventurous
- Loantaka Brook Reservation – This mostly flat park is magnificent for biking, running, hiking, or just a nice stroll through the park.
- The Frelinghuysen Arboretum – This historic Colonial-Revival Mansion is surrounded by 127 acres of preserve that include the mansions formal gardens, and nature trails with educational reference labels.
- Lewis Morris Park – This hilly park is the perfect spot for hiking, mountain biking, picnicking, and an assortment of outdoor sporting activities.
- Schooleys Mountain County Park – Take a relaxing hike up to one of the scenic waterfalls for a picnic or simply to reconnect to nature.
- Fosterfields Living Historical Farm – This is a working 19th-Century Farm that includes a Gothic-Revival mansion. Tour the mansion and stock up on some fresh produce at the same time.
- Mayo Performing Arts Center – Rated with 4 and a half stars by Trip Advisor, the Mayo Performing Arts Center offers a spectacular calendar of shows and concerts. The schedule includes touring Broadway musicals, and musicians to meet any taste.
Tips for Manageable Winter Hair
Winter hat hair isn’t just a woman’s issue, men also must deal with the unfortunate effects of winter conditions. Here are a few tips to combat static and ill-effects of winter weather.
- Moisturize – Whether you use a leave-in or simply condition while showering, you should always maintain a regular moisturizing regimen during the cold dry winter months to keep away static.
- Keep it Short – Shorter men’s cuts are great for tucking under a winter cap without the unpleasant “hat-hair” side-effects.
- Talk to a Professional – Ask your stylist what they recommend for your particular hair type and issues. They will have the most knowledgeable insights into what should work best for you.
When you’re ready to speak to a knowledgeable and professional hair care professional, look no further; 18|8 Fine Men’s Salon is here to help. Our educated staff will walk you through the best ways to battle winter effects and more.