As the unpredictable hot to cold to hot temperatures of spring transition into summer, you may be focusing on fitness and shaving off some of those winter pounds to look your best in your summer togs. 18|8 Fine Men’s Salon is always looking for ways to help our customers look their best and to help you with your fitness goals here are some tips on how to shape up healthily in a short time from the fitness experts.
- Should you or shouldn’t you do cardio during the “fat-burning zone” – No! Alwyn Cosgrove, C.S.C.S. from Santa Clarita, California says, “Forget about the diagrams hanging on the cardio equipment, and do high-intensity intervals or lift weights.” She claims by doing so you will have a greater fat loss from burning more overall calories.
- Got Milk! – Bill Hartman, P.T., C.S.C.C. in Indianapolis, MN recommends getting past the backlash on milk regarding fat or high-calorie content and switch to skim milk as a healthy alternative due to its healthy proteins that digest at different rates.
- Weights for Flexibility – Using weights when performing full range of motion exercises strengthens and extends muscle and connective tissue making them more limber and flexible.
Men’s Fitness Magazine
Editor-in-Chief of Men’s Fitness magazine, Jon Lipsey states in his article, “Here’s How This Man Lost 10KG in Eight Weeks” chronicling his efforts to lose weight, that the best way to lose weight fast is to:
- Skip the Beer – Alcohol is high in both sugar and carbs. In addition, fermentation used to brew the beer causes bloating.
- Get Serious about Nutrition – You wouldn’t put sugar in your car’s fuel tank, so why clog up your arteries and digestive system with unhealthy ingredients, fast food, and chemically or genetically modified foods? Improving your nutrition is the fastest way to lose weight.
- Interval Training – Interval training keeps your metabolism firing at random and alternating rates which force the body to burn more energy and calories than traditional cardio exercises.
In the article, “The Best Way to Get Fit Fast” they recommend in addition to eating healthy you should:
- Don’t Starve Yourself – Going without eating throws the body into hibernation storing fat for future use. Eating 4 to 6 small healthy meals throughout the day balances blood sugar levels providing more energy and burning more fat.
- Build Muscle – Weight training forces muscles to fire which in turn burns fat and calories. Studies show that muscles continue to fire for as long as 2 hours after exercise has ceased.
- High-Intensity Interval Training – Also referr
ed to as HIIT, high-intensity interval training is a cross-training routine that incorporates strength training and cardio into one routine providing you with the benefits of both types of workout in one session.
Now that you know how to get fit fast, it’s time to come on into 18|8 Fine Men’s Salon to top of your look with a professional shave and style. We will have you looking your best in no time!