I’m told that some guys actually enjoy Home Improvement. I personally enjoyed the TV show with Tim the tool man Taylor, but that’s where my love of Home Improvement ends. With that said, stuff breaks and it isn’t going fix itself…so here is list of resources to help you out.
If you’ve never heard of Thumbtack.com bookmark it, it’s your friend. All you do is answer a few questions about the project you need help with. It can be anything from a broken light fixture to an entire room addition. Within 24 hours you will receive up to 5 quotes from professional, local contractors. The site also has 1000’s of contractor reviews, so you can see what other people say before you hire anyone.
HomeAdvisor.com is another version.
If you’ve got time on your hands, or are feeling brave…here is a list of 10 DIY sites to help with any project.
- Youtube – There have been over 1 BILLION videos uploaded to Youtube.com. You can find anything from replacing your phone screen to your roof.
- Man Cave ideas – Tony Siragusa helps transform celebrity man caves.
- Bob Vila – Bob Vila has been a trusted name in home improvement for decades. Find must do seasonal projects, how to’s, answers, and creative ideas from Bob Vila’s network on this blog.
- GreenPal – Great info on all lawn and landscaping topics.
- Hardwood Floors – Refinishing a hardwood floor is a great way to bring new life to a floor that is showing too much wear and tear or if the finish is no longer protecting the floor.
- Repairing Drywall – Repairing drywall is a great do-it-yourselfertask because tools and materials are cheap, and there’s very little risk (to you or the house).
- 25 Home Improvement Ideas for under $150 – Ideas that won’t break the bank.
- What Home Improvements pay off? – See what projects will pay off when you sell your home.
- Home Improvement Hotties – It’s no longer about fat guys with plumbers crack.
- Life Changing Upgrades – For every room in your house.
And…in case you were thinking of going there…proper grooming is NOT a DIY project. PLEASE leave this to the professionals at 18|8 Fine Men’s Salon in Oakley.
A visit to 18|8 salon is the perfect way to relax after a tough day of Home Improvement. Their services include:
- Handcrafted Haircuts
- An undeniably classic straight shave.
- Rejuvenating Facial Treatments
- Soothing, Hair-Loss Preventing Scalp Treatments
- Waxing Services For Face & Body
- Hair Coloring, Beard Dying & Grey Blending
- Hand & Nail Treatments
Your grooming is just as important as any other style decision and thanks to the team at 18|8 Oakley, you can always feel confident that you have made the right choice.
Call us at (513) 442-5188 or book online at https://eighteeneight.com/oakley-oh/