- Figuring out something entertaining to do in Morristown, NJ this summer will be no problem with all of the local activities, events, sites, and performance options available. There’s something for everyone whether you prefer live music or simply hanging out in nature.
Outdoor Lover’s Delight
If your idea of a good time is anything outdoors or to do with nature, there are some fun scenic activities to check out.
• Jockey Hollow – Take a trip through history at this Revolutionary War Monument and view soldiers’ encampments as you learn about the Revolutionary War or hike one of the numerous hiking trails.
• Frelinghuysen Arboretum – This 127-Acre garden features both exotic and local plant life. The bold colors and beautiful aromas make it great for picnics, bird watching, or simply reconnecting with nature.
Whether your idea of entertainment is comedy, music, dancing, or plays, this year’s calendar of events will have you busy all summer long.
• The Mayo Performing Arts Center –Loaded with everything from comedy shows to live performances and musical acts, the Mayo Performing Arts Center attracts headliner acts like Harry Connick Jr., Wayne Brady, Dirty Dancing Live, and Tyler Henry (Hollywood Medium).
• Morristown Jazz and Blues Festival – Scheduled for August 18th this year, the festival line up includes LaBamba & the Hubcaps, Bernard Alison Group, Bria Skonberg, Air Force Jazz Band, and Davy Knowles.
If food is more your thing, prepare your taste buds to be amazed.
• Morristown Farmer’s Market – Running on Sunday’s from June through November, the Morristown Farmer’s Market has a wide variety of farmed products and homemade goods like honey, herbs, cheese, wine, vegetables, flowers, breads, and much more to choose from.
• Restaurant and Bar Hopping on the Green – A few of the local hot spots that you will want to hit are: Famished Frog, Committed Pig, Roots Steakhouse, Sushi Lounge, and the Iron Bar.
If you are a history buff you won’t want to miss these special local sites in addition to Jockey Hollow mentioned above.
• Historic Speedwell – Be transported back to the industrial revolution as you tour the Speedwell Iron Works and eight other historic structures at the restored estate of Stephen Vale.
• Fosterfields Living Historical Farm – Built by Paul Revere’s grandson this 1854 gothic revival-style mansion encompasses you in 1800’s farm life.
Thrill Seeker’s Wanted
If the items above seem a little too tame for you. Check out these activities made just for those who crave a little thrill in their life.
• Trap Door’s Escape Room – A modern year-round spin on the old-fashioned haunted house, this escape room will keep you on your toes.
• Jersey Club Sports League – Join a Morristown, NJ sports league and meet new friends as you keep active. A few of the sports you will find access to are: softball, flag football, cornhole, soccer, and more.
Keeping busy in Morristown, NJ is not difficult; nor is looking your best while staying active. Come on in, to 18|8 Fine Men’s Salon in Morristown, NJ and let us get you looking your best.