Patchy beard is the loss of hair in a particular part of the beard region. It is the dream of every man to have the beards growing evenly with deep strong hair. However, this is not the case for some as a patch may develop at any stage of life due to varying factors. Development of a bald patch is closely related to alopecia barbae with the main difference being that for the later there is gradual wide spread hair loss.
Causes of bald beard patch
Development of a bald beard patch is caused by several factors that include;
- Hormonal imbalance– Significant decrease of hormones that influences male characteristics may lead to development of a bald patch in the beard region.
- Hereditary factor– The patch may develop due to genetics that run in the family.
- Infection– Fungal infection especially ringworms are notorious in causing a patch in the beard region.
- Emotional changes– Depression and intense stress may be responsible of formation of a patch in the beard region.
- Dental problems– Hidden dental ailments may trigger development of a patch in the beards.
- Autoimmune– This is a disease that in most cases develops due to genetics. Autoimmune disorder may result to development of a patch in the beards.
Natural remedy of patchy beard
There are several natural remedies that are effective in fixing a patchy beard. A comprehensive care for the beard once the formation of a patch is noted produces best result as the patch is gradually eliminated. Here are some home remedies;
- Close shave
Once the formation of a patch in the beard region is spotted, it is advisable to conduct a complete shave of the hair present. In order to clear all the hair, shave closely to the skin. Clearing of all the hair provides an opportunity for the hair to grow evenly while allowing for successful treatment in case of infection.
- Use essential oils
Use of essential oil is highly recommended after a complete beard shave. The essential oils have the ability to treat the skin, hair follicles and enhance healthy hair growth. For full beard growth, the following use of essential oils may be considered;
- Cleaning with essential oils -Some oils are effective in cleaning the beard area. In this case, Almond, peppermint, cinnamon and tea tree are readily available essential oils with deep cleaning ability with anti microbial properties. For example adding some drops of tea tree oil into some warm water and cleaning the beard region with the solution helps in clearing any infections present on the skin.
- Massaging the hair with oils– Once the beard hair starts to grow, you can use the orange pulp or neem lotion to massage the region twice in a week. This helps in removing any dead skin cells while nourishing the young hair to grow in a healthy way.
- Allow thick hair to grow
In order to have even beard hair growth without any patch, avoid trimming the hair as it grows out. This allows thick hair to grow and develop within the beard region.
- Keep the hair nourished
To enhance healthy and evenly distributed beard hair, apply lavender oil mixed with jojoba oil daily. After washing your face, apply this mixture on the beard region and brush the hair with a soft brush. This leads to successful patchy beard fix.