Take Your Career To A New Level!
If you are a talented barber or stylist who is passionate about men’s grooming, you owe it to yourself to check out 18|8 Elm Grove. This could be your best opportunity to elevate your career behind the chair by joining the fastest growing men’s concept in the Milwaukee area.
We support our barbers and stylists on every step in their career journey, as they progress from Centre to Senior to Master Stylist. We even offer opportunities for you to develop into a Manager or Educator role. If you are a true salon professional and have a desire to reach your full career potential, we want to meet you!
Barber & Stylist Career Opportunities
We have a 4-part recipe for success at 18|8 Fine Men’s Salons:
1. Advanced Craft
There are a lot of different ways that salons and barber shops try to differentiate themselves from the pack. At 18|8, we just focus on delivering the highest quality services in town. Our guests rave about our hand-crafted haircuts, coloring and grey blending, straight razor shaves, scalp and face treatments, waxing, and manicures. Why wouldn’t they? We hire the barbers and stylists with the greatest potential, and then make big investments in their training. When you join the 18|8 Elm Grove team, you know that you will be provided ongoing education on all products and services, including advanced training in the American Crew method by our very own in-salon educator.
2. World Class Hospitality
Our team of Directors of First Impression (DOFI’s) make sure that every guest has an enjoyable experience, from the moment they arrive to the moment they leave. They’ll manage the salon operations, help you sell product, pre-book your guests, and generally make your business function smoothly. With these professionals managing the front desk, you’re allowed to focus on your craft and therefore provide the guest in your chair the best service possible.
3. Professional Marketing Support
The local owners of 18|8 Elm Grove bring a combined 23 years of business management and marketing experience to the salon. We consider it our job to put new guests in your chair and help you retain them over time. We challenge you to find another local salon doing more to market and build their business!
Everything else is meaningless if we don’t have employees who love their work, respect each other, and are committed to both their personal and the salon’s success. We have been blessed to be able to surround ourselves with amazing barbers, stylists, and DOFI’s whose passion and commitment has taken our salon to new heights. Their success is your opportunity, as our rapid growth means we are always looking to add more great people to our team. Are you:
- A professional, respectful team player?
- Energetic and motivated?
- A strong and charismatic communicator?
- Fashion forward?
If you can answer yes to these questions, you belong at 18|8. When you join our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Great commission and bonuses backed by a competitive guaranteed base pay.
- A professional and positive work environment. Our stylists LOVE working here!
- Advanced training led by our in-salon educator.
- Discerning clientele that tips extremely well.
- Aggressive marketing to help you build your business.
- Career advancement opportunities.
A few years of experience behind the chair is desirable but isn’t mandatory. If you possess the skills and the drive that we value, we’ll teach you the rest. To learn more or to schedule a tour of the salon, email us: [email protected]. We look forward to meeting you!
Salon Coordinator Career Opportunities
Some salons have receptionists. We have Directors of First Impression. This is where the guest experience begins and ends: with a friendly and professional hospitality expert focused on delivering the 18|8 promise to everyone that walks through our door.
- Deliver exceptional hospitality to every guest, both in person and over the phone.
- Create and maintain a positive, professional atmosphere at all times.
- Effectively manage appointment books.
- Assist stylists with selling product and pre-booking guests.
- Stay educated on all products and services.
- Help manage retail inventory, back bar supplies, and other elements of the daily operations.
- Communicate frequently with management to ensure we are reaching our full potential.
- Manage transactions and handle cash.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on your feet in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive approach.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Customer service experience is highly desirable.
If you’re ready to become a Director of First Impressions, email us: [email protected]. We look forward to meeting you!